Trading commodities while sneaking past hostile forces, racing the best pilots in the area, mining for diamonds, negotiating for survival, spying for a curious energy company, cleaning dirty solar arrays, transporting an impatient passenger... and that's just on a Monday. The life of an independent mercenary is rarely without excitement. At times, you may choose to work under contract, while at others, you may want to take matters into your own hands in a quest to build your reputation and fortune. Your spacecraft awaits. Your adventure begins in the Sapphire solar system.
Evochron Mercenary version 2.308 is now available for download. As usual, the installer can also be used to update older versions of the game.
This update includes the following improvements:
- Solar array mesh structure updated.
- AI system updated to direct computer controlled ships to properly avoid solar arrays.
- New passive/safety target MFD mode added to turn off ship specific targeting completely on the display.
- Matching material types in other cargo slots would sometimes be transferred in a ship-to-ship trade when the unit count was different, now fixed.
- Delivery contract waypoint system updated to prevent placement near sector border which could result in contract failure as player approached capital ship.
- AI physics and control systems updated to better account for relative frame weight, thruster power, and maneuvering parameters.
- Racing AI velocity and thruster skill reduced to make passing second IMG quest contract easier.
- Atmosphere system updated to provide a thinner look with less ambient/horizon brightness.
- Atmosphere haze effect updated to provide a smoother transition from space to surface.
- Ship formation system updated to manage throttle better to reduce shield collisions.
- Altimeter would occasionally jump at various points above terrain, now fixed.
- Server status check will now return to multiplayer menu if connection fails.
- Capital ships now hold their position at waypoint for delivery contracts.
- Leech EMP missiles now work correctly when used on terrain walkers.
- Flak effects added for AI ships flying close to hostile capital ships.
- Capital ship anti-shield torpedoes now inflict more damage.
- Flyby sound effect proximity activation range reduced.
- Mod options added for certain atmosphere effects.
- Option to specify a unique framerate cap added.
- Several minor bug fixes.